Scripture Union Daily Guide 22 April 2020
Topic: Unbreakable covenant
Opening Prayer: Lord, let the light of your word shine into my life as I meditate on your word.
Scripture: Jeremiah 33:12–26
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
• Is there any other Biblical passage that can help me understand this passage better?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 22 April 2020 – Unbreakable covenant
Outline: The war–torn and desolate land would experience peace and its people would resettle to undertake sustainable agriculture (vv.12–13); and God’s people will dwell securely and worship him in their own land again (vv.15–18). Notice what Israel’s restoration would be based on (v.14).
While we must never take God’s grace for granted (Romans 6:1–2), we can tap into God’s gracious promises to plead for mercy when God disciplines us for our sins. God reaffirms his commitment to the covenant he made to David and his covenant to make priests to eternally discharge their duties in Israel.
The covenant is as established as the fixed natural planetary laws which cannot be changed (vv.20–26)! This prophesy is fulfilled today in Christ, the seed of David who has brought numerous children to God who serve as priests of the Almighty God and who will reign with him forever (1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 20:6).
Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• So What? Suggest ways your church can actively promote godly living, peace and security in the land so that people can carry out productive ventures and serve the Lord!
• Prayer: Help me Lord, to always remember your gracious promises and so discharge my priestly duties faithfully before you!
• Pray for an understanding of God’s priorities for these times.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 41:2–3
Read the Bible in one Year
Eccle. 1–3; Rev. 10