DCLM Daily Manna 4th May 2020 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Rest Easy, God Is In Control
TEXT: Job 21:22-34
22. Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he judgeth those that are high.
23. One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
24. His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are moistened with marrow.
25. And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure.
26. They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.
27. Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me.
28. For ye say, Where is the house of the prince? and where are the dwelling places of the wicked?
29. Have ye not asked them that go by the way? and do ye not know their tokens,
30. That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.
31. Who shall declare his way to his face? and who shall repay him what he hath done?
32. Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.
33. The clods of the valley shall be sweet unto him, and every man shall draw after him, as there are innumerable before him.
34. How then comfort ye me in vain, seeing in your answers there remaineth falsehood?
“Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he judgeth those that are high.” – (Job 21:22)
DCLM Daily Manna 4th May 2020 – Rest Easy, God Is In Control
Things are not always what we expect them to be. Irrespective of how prepared we are to face life, situations may arise that would severely test our staying power and prove how resolute we are in standing with God.
None was ever so tested in history like Job. He suffered a deluge of calamities and disasters. Yet, he was convinced that he had done nothing to merit such an experience. He became confused though as to why God could have caused such misfortune to befall him. Yet, he never doubted God’s sovereignty and superior understanding. He recognised that He is the ultimate Judge of all men. The wicked who are mighty in this life would suffer the fate of all sinners for their evil deeds. What bothered Job most though were the wrong thoughts of his friends who concluded that he was suffering because of his great sin. In frustration, he queried them: “How then comfort ye me in vain, seeing in your answers there remaineth falsehood?”
As humans, there are times when events and situations weigh dangerously around a believer that he/she begins to wonder why things are so. But we must realise that at such a period, only absolute trust in the never-failing word of God is all that we need to keep going. Someone said, “The only way God can show us He’s in control is to put us in situations we can’t control.”
When troubles arise in life, especially those that are inexplicable. We must realise that it is a time to show our true attitude toward us God. We must never yield to the temptation to become bitter at Him. Even if we are wrongfully accused by those who should know better, we should understand that ultimate vindication awaits those who trust in God. So, when you are tried, ensure you shine forth as gold.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
When God is with you, storms should not alarm you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: