Scripture Union Daily Guide 7 May 2020
Topic: Destiny Destroyers Prowling on the Street
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, make me more like you through the power of your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: Proverbs 5: 1–23
• Is there any command for me to obey?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 7 May 2020 Outline:
Adultery and fornication are two agents of destruction of life, ministry, destiny and happiness in families and relationships. Pause and ponder on v.3 and decide not to venture the way of prostitutes at whatever level. Her step is direct entry to the grave and hell (v.5). Can you discern the wisdom in the instructions in vv.1–2?
Read vv.7–9 and consider practical ways to avoid traps set by wayward girls/boys and strange women/men we encounter daily. Does v.8 place stringent restrictions on people who have a special ministry to commercial sex workers? What are the regrets and dangers of life with strange women/men? See vv.10–14.
Avoid sorrow by staying away from strange people. Read Proverbs 6:24–33. Vv.15–19 give a pleasurable, refreshing and satisfying joy for couples. There is blessing and rejoicing when sexual relationship is enjoyed within the four walls of the marital home. Sex is good and pleasurable only as ordained by God. Married couples should enjoy sex and not endure it.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Be careful where you go, for the Lord sees everything you do. Remember the Kindergarten Rhyme: Be careful little legs where you go (2ice) There is Father up above, who is looking down below So be careful little legs where you go.
• Lord, help me to be faithful to you, my spouse and family. May I never defile your name through sexual immorality.
• Pray for daily devotional publishers who are helping Christians to meet God daily through bible reading and prayer.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Matthew 28:20b
Read the Bible in one Year
Num. 29–31; Matt. 3