DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: When The Wicked Goes Unpunished!
TEXT: Job 24:1-13
1. Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?
2. Some remove the landmarks; they violently take away flocks, and feed thereof.
3. They drive away the ass of the fatherless, they take the widow’s ox for a pledge.
4. They turn the needy out of the way; the poor of the earth hide themselves together.
5. Behold, as wild asses in the desert, go they forth to their work; rising betimes for a prey; the wilderness yieldeth food for them and for their children.
6. They reap every one his corn in the field; and they gather the vintage of the wicked.
7. They cause the naked to lodge without clothing, that they have no covering in the cold.
8. They are wet with the showers of the mountains, and embrace the rock for want of a shelter.
9. They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.
10. They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;
11. Which make oil within their walls, and tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.
12. Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out; yet God layeth not folly to them.
13. They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
“Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.” – (Job 24:12)
DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2020 Devotional By Pastor Kumuyi
There are many things about God and His dealings that we seem not to understand. One of such is the spate of wickedness and atrocities being perpetrated by wicked people and judgment does not seem to quickly catch up with them. Evils and crimes are committed in many places with impunity. The rights and privileges of the less privileged are forcefully trodden with no one to speak for them. And God seems to be silent!
Many people wonder why God delays judgment on the wicked. They want Him to unleash His wrath as they observe all the wickedness going on in the world. This was the same question Job raised in our passage as he tried to show his friends that God was not punishing him for his sins as they thought. He pointed their attention to all the wickedness going on daily around them which they were quite aware of and yet God seems to be silent about them. If God were punishing him for his sins, why then were all the wicked and terrible people around him in the society walking about free and judgment is not coming upon them, he queried.
Many people have been tempted to think that God is not fair. In fact, there are people who have concluded that it is either God does not exist or that He has abandoned the world to self-destruction. But the truth is, God’s ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. He has a set time for everything and a day of judgment for every wicked person.
Our attitude then is to have faith in His righteousness and justice. We cannot have a sense of justice more than the almighty God. Let us leave the judgment of the wicked in His Hands and strive to maintain an upright and just life. He will certainly judge the wicked and reward the upright with good.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s sense of justice will not overlook wickedness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 15-16