TOPIC: Signs of Brokenness(MFM Daily Devotional 8 April 2021)
Psalm 34:18; Psalm 51:17; Isaiah 57:15
John 3 : 30 – “He must increase, but I must decrease.”
Brokenness is the total submission to the will of God and an absolute, determined zeal to carry out His will in your personal conduct as a Christian. It is allowing the Holy Spirit to reign in every department of your life without frustrating His still small voice directing your conduct and responses to the realities of your daily life.
When you are broken, you are always welcomed in God’s presence and are able to live the life of holy revival. What are some of the signs of brokenness? Here are some of them in the light of God’s word. The broken Christian will have a crucified flesh (Gal. 2:20). He or she will accept correction with meekness (Acts 23:1-5).
He or she will admit fault without fuss, listen to other people’s opinion and will not be bitter when not having his or her way. He or she does not pull down others to lift themselves up. He or she consciously decreases and allows Jesus to increase in him or her. Similarly, the broken Christian does not show off to appear to be better than others.
He or she is always concerned about God’s approval than men’s approval of you and does not blow personal trumpet but let others blow it for him or her. Also, a broken Christian does good to people without expecting a return of the favour from them. He or she does not gossip nor have a double personality. He or she readily forgives others and quickly apologises when he or she offends others.
In addition, a broken Christian does not have a critical spirit for others and does not harbour impure thoughts in his or her mind. He or she maintains a strong and healthy prayer altar and increases the knowledge of God by constant research of His word.
Finally a broken Christian walks by faith and not by sight. Beloved, when you are broken, God personally reserves a seat for you in His presence.
To walk in the pressure of self-discipline to please God brings to you the divine pleasure of God’s approval of your walk with Him, and a successful journey to heaven.
Your life shall be a glorious example of God’s moulded vessel unto honour, in the name of Jesus.
Near the cross
1. Jesus, keep me near the cross There a precious fountain, Free to all, a healing stream, Flows from Calv’ry mountain. Chorus In the cross, in the cross Be my glory ever, Till my raptured soul shall find Rest, beyond the river.
2. Near the cross, a trembling soul, Love and mercy found me; There the Bright and Morning Star Sheds its beams around me.
3. Near the cross! O Lamb of God, Bring its scenes before me; Help my walk from day to day With its shadows o’er me.
4. Near the cross I’ll watch and wait, Hoping trusting ever, Till I reach the golden strand Just beyond the river.
MFM Daily Devotional 8 April 2021 PRAYER POINTS
1. My Father, I am available, use me for Your glory, in the name of Jesus.
2. O God, cleanse me inside and outside with Your brush of fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. O Lord, cut off from my life anything you hate, in the name of Jesus.
4. My heart, remain steadfast in God’s ways, in the name of Jesus.
5. I disengage myself from dark powers assigned to pollute my glory, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, empower me to sleep and wake up in Your likeness everyday, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every evil dream that pollutes my glory, die, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Daily Devotional 8th April 2021. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya