DCLM Daily Manna 28th July 2021 Deeper Life Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Topic: Waiting In His Presence
TEXT: Exodus 24:12-18
12. And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there; and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
13. And Moses rose up, and his minister Joshua; and Moses went up into the mount of God.
14. And he said unto the elders, Tarry ye here for us, until we come again unto you; and, behold, Aaron and Hur are with you; if any man have any matters to do, let him come unto them.
15. And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.
16. And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days; and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
17. And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.
18. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount; and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.
“And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.” – (Exodus 24:15,16)
DCLM Daily Manna 28th July 2021 Devotional MESSAGE:
Patience appears to be one of the virtues that is lacking in our present age. Absence of it has denied so many people valuable opportunities. Sometimes, during a recruitment process, a test of patience is administered to job seekers to observe their attitude, following a delay in the commencement of an interview. With this, they note those who complain and say ill things about the organisation and those who run out of patience and decide to leave. Only those who are deemed to have passed this test of patience are given the employment.
Moses exhibited this virtue in a very striking manner in our text. God had invited him to come up to the mount to meet Him to receive the tables containing the Ten Commandments. Moses obeyed. But for the first six days on that mount, God did not say anything to him. It was not until the seventh day before He called out to him. But all through those waiting, silent days, Moses remained patient before the Lord. No wonder God found him a reliable tool for His purpose.
How we need to learn this virtue of patience and pray to God for the grace to wait! Many believers can hardly wait for God to fulfil what He has promised them. They have missed hearing the voice of God and getting clear directions from Him concerning His purposes for their lives, careers, ministries and marriages because they cannot wait.
There is great profit in patience. We should allow God all the time He needs to deal with us. No time spent waiting for Him is wasted. Moses did not only get the tables of stones containing the Ten Commandments; his face also shone and glowed with God’s glory. The waiting did not go for nothing. Wait!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
There is profit in patience.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 34-36
DCLM Daily Manna 28th July 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.