DCLM Daily Manna 1st August 2021 Deeper Life Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Topic: Memorial Of Divine Supply
TEXT: Exodus 16:32-36
32. And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.
33. And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations.
34. As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.
35. And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.
36. Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah.
“And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.” – (Exodus 16:32)
DCLM Daily Manna 1st August 2021 Message
Generations come and go. Events that had occurred and had helped to shape the lives of the people if not recorded and preserved might leave behind a blank posterity and history would be either incomplete or distorted.
God instructed Moses to tell Aaron to fill an omer with manna to be kept in a jar to act as a reminder to generations to come of the way He provided for them in the wilderness. Aaron did as God commanded. For forty years, He fed the millions of Israel with manna. That attests to His power, ability and care for His people whom He had called from the land of bondage to go to the Promised Land. In addition to the provision of manna, God also gave them water from the rock and flesh to eat.
God’s works and deeds are always perfect and well laid out. Before He created Adam and Eve, He had prepared the Garden of Eden for them. Similarly, before bringing out his people from Egypt, He had planned how to take care of them in a place where there were no markets, farms and shops. He divided the Red Sea for them to pass on dry ground and later the Jordan River. All God expects from His people is to trust Him.
Unfortunately, most times, God’s people worry and become anxious about the future. But He says, “Be careful for nothing…” (Philippians 4:6); “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5). God takes care of the birds. He knows the number of the hairs of man’s head. So, why worry? Trust and obey Him for He makes everything beautiful in His time.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is in control of today and the future.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Timothy 1-4
DCLM Daily Manna 1st August 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.