Topic: You Don’t Need To Struggle! Of
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
Read: Deuteronomy 8:10-18
10. When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.
11. Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
12. Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
13. And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
14. Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;
15. Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint;
16. Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
17. And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.
18. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Open Heaven Today 14 August 2021 Message
Many people think they cannot prosper in life unless they struggle. We must know that there is a difference between struggling and working. Work is a divine vocation which started with Adam. The Bible says:
“And the lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.”
The truth however, is that you do not need to struggle before you prosper. It is true that you should be diligent because the Bible says the soul of the diligent shall be made fat (Proverbs 13:4 ). In the Bible reading of today we discover some truths about the mind of God concerning the prosperity of His people
“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”
It is unfortunate that many people of God do not know that God gives power and opportunities to His children to get wealth, for one major reason: that He may prove Himself faithful to His word according to Exodus 3:17:
“And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.”
Milk and honey here symbolise prosperity. Beloved, I have good news for you: God is interested in the prosperity of His people. Prosperity from God is without sorrow. The Lord who prospers is the same Lord who protects. He will not give you a car that will become a death trap. He will not give you a child that will break your heart. This suggests to us that there could be counterfeit prosperity. The devil is the giver of that kind of prosperity. However, Jesus is the true source of prosperity and eternal blessings. He paid the price in full, hence, you can never regret being prospered by His benevolence. The Bible says:
“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye though his poverty might be rich.”
“2 Corinthians 8:9”
Father,please dont let me have to struggle before succeeding, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Bible in One Year
Psalms 99:1-9 , Psalms 100:1-5 , Psalms 101:1-8
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy drops ’round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing–
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing:
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Open Heaven Today 14 August 2021 Saturday Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries