Topic: Promotion Comes From God
Read the previous message on: DCLM Daily Manna 28 August 2021 Devotional – Gain In Pain
TEXT: Psalm 75:1-10
1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks; for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
2. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.
3. The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved; I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
4. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly; and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn;
5. Lift not up your horn on high; speak not with a stiff neck.
6. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7. But God is the judge; he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
8. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same; but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
9. But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10. All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
“For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.” – (Psalm 75:6,7)
DCLM Daily Manna 29 August 2021 Devotional MESSAGE:
Benedict was from a very poor family. He had managed to finish his secondary school education through the efforts of his parents, and got a clerical job in a top government parastatal. He progressed well. But suddenly, his promotion was stalled and his colleagues overtook him. As a Christian, he believed God had a good purpose in what was happening. After three years, an opening came for a four-year oversea course. Benedict was chosen for that specialised course. Four years later when he came back, he was promoted high above all his former colleagues. He became their boss.
The psalmist praises God for His greatness and for His wonderful works. God has set a time for judgment and He will judge uprightly. Yes, the inhabitants of the earth and the earth itself may be shaken, yet God keeps the foundation firm. He is the Judge who brings down one and lifts up another. The cup full of red wine is the cup of judgment from the Lord – for the wicked.
In Hannah’s song of thanksgiving after the Lord broke the yoke of barrenness in her life, she said among other things “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory” (1 Samuel 2:8). What a truth! Who would have imagined Joseph, a slave, being elevated to the position of a Prime Minister in the highest kingdom on earth then? Or who would have thought that Daniel, a captive from Judah, would rise to such prominence in both the kingdoms of Babylon and the Medes.
God has always been the Source of blessings for His followers all through the generations. Since He gives “power to get wealth”, let us co-operate with Him through obedience and faith, working diligently in our trade. It is He that brings the promotion.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Be willing and obedient, and you shall eat the good of the land.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 29 August 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.