Topic: Are You Marked For Safety?
Read the previous message here: DCLM Daily Manna 31 August 2021 Devotional – Sweet Dividends Of Friendship
TEXT: Ezekiel 9:5-11
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite; let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity;
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women; but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7. And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain; go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8. And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9. Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness; for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.
10. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11. And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
“Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.” – (Ezekiel 9:6)
DCLM Daily Manna 1 September 2021 Devotional MESSAGE:
In its quest to eradicate childhood killer diseases as well as reduce drastically the rate of infant mortality, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in collaboration with some other corporate organisations mobilised resources for the development of vaccines to be administered to children. Although the cost of production of these vaccines is enormous, they have been made available free of charge to many developing nations where these killer diseases are prevalent. But the decision to take the vaccines for the protection of one’s child is always voluntary. Available statistics have shown however that the consequences have been fatal for parents and nations who rejected the vaccines. So it is with salvation from sin: God provides it free for those who care for it, but there is damnation for those who reject it.
The passage gives a clear record of God’s command for heaven’s judgment upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem as punishment for their sins and abomination. The order to destroy was without prejudice to sex, age and status. This reveals the fact that God’s judgment for sin, whenever it comes, is always total, without any extraneous considerations.
Only the mark of salvation which is given through cleansing by the blood of Jesus can qualify anyone for escape from the judgment of God. Regular church attendance, position held in the church and our busy activities with the work of God are not a guarantee for safety. Every believer must avoid carelessness and overconfidence in this end time and ensure that his mark of safety is intact.
Intercession for sins is only relevant now. Sinners must repent before it is too late. It is certain that once the mill of God’s judgment starts to “grind”, it will hold no brakes for the sinner, irrespective of their position or personality.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s mark of ownership shields from divine judgment.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 1 September 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.