TOPIC: God needs Your Resources
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 9:8-15
8. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work;
9. (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor; his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11. Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgiving unto God;
13. Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;
14. And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.
15. Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
“For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God.” – (2 Corinthians 9:12)
DCLM Daily Manna Today 12 October 2021 MESSAGE:
The most difficult thing for many Christians is giving generously to God’s work. It is at this point that people begin to debate about how much they gave in the past. Some become economical with their resources, fearful that they may suffer lack if they were to give all the money that is required for God’s work.
But the Apostle Paul does not mince words in emphasising that God does not lavish His blessings on believers for nothing. He expects that what He gives us should be invested in His work. When we obey, we will not lack anything but be enriched abundantly by heaven. Giving to the poor, he says, is an act of righteousness.
He illustrates Christian giving with sowing seed in the farm. Although little is planted, much is always harvested. When believers are enriched because of their generous giving, it brings thanksgiving to God. When those who benefit from your generosity glorify God for your actions, it shows that you are living according to the gospel of Christ. For this, they give thanks to God even as they pray that God will bestow more blessings on you.
We must never hesitate to give towards God’s work or to His people. Our generosity honours Him and gladdens the heart of needy believers. This is the greatest benefit of our giving; not just that people will pray for us or that it will bring us more wealth; but that it is an act of worship that glorifies God. And the more we invest the riches God has bestowed on us in His work, the more He will provide abundantly for us.
Moreover, the Lord regards any good done to His children as good done to Him. There will be great rewards for those brethren who care for the less endowed in the church and judgment for the miserly.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Heaven is glad when we give to lift up the poor.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna Today 11 October 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.