Read Previous SU Here: Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotional 13 October 2021 – Preach the word!
Topic: There is forgiveness through Jesus
Opening Prayer: May the meditation of my heart be acceptable unto you, O Lord as I read from your word.
Scripture: Acts 13:26-41
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Paul’s message continues today essentially aimed at proving that Jesus Christ is the Saviour. What can we learn from the way he addressed his audience in v.26? Our approach to the people to whom we witness Christ could positively or negatively affect their reception of the gospel we are presenting to them. Be respectful. Failing to understand the prophecy about Jesus, the people of old fulfilled the same prophecy they did not understand (v.27).
They knew He was innocent, but they still condemned and killed Him anyway. But God raised Him from the dead with proofs of witnesses. Paul also saw Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:5-8). What further proof can you see in vs.32-37? Then comes the climax of the gospel in vs.38-39; that anyone who believes, receives forgiveness and salvation in Christ and is made right with God. This is something that the Law of Moses could not do! Do you understand this? Think it over. Hope you have experienced this forgiveness and salvation in Christ Jesus? We must not ignore the warning in vs.40-41.
• Reflection: If you were to emphasize one central truth about Jesus and the gospel, what would it be?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Father, help me not to struggle with your will but regard it as something delightful.
• Thank God for the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Proverbs 29:25; 1 Sam. 4-6; Eph. 4
Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotional 14 October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.