Topic: Sidon will fall
Opening Prayer: Grant me grace dear Lord to apply what you will teach me today as I read this passage.
Scripture: Ezekiel 28: 20-26
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any promise for me to believe or hope for?
Judgment is also pronounced against neighbouring Sidon, a town about 40 km north of Tyre, a famous mart full of merchants. Her inhabitants did not believe in the God of Ezekiel but were idolaters and enemies of the Israelites. So, God will glorify Himself in Sidon as He inflicts punishment on the city (v.22). Then they will ultimately know who the true God is. Observe how God restores His people to their former safety and prosperity.
Let’s be assured that God always works for the best of His children. We may go through trials, hardship and persecutions for a while, but in the end, we will rejoice (cf. Roman 8:28). The Israelites will return from captivity to their promised land and God will punish all the nations that harmed them (vs.22-26). Today, His disciples are God’s holy people (1 Peter 2:9) and He will vindicate us for all the troubles caused by malicious people.
• So what? Do you believe that God can restore you from all injustices meted against you in the past bringing healing, peace and security?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Commit to praying for those in your neighbourhood who sin against God’s glory that they will turn to Him lest they suffer His judgment.
• Pray for yourself, not to take the grace of God in vain
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Job 42:12;2 Sam. 3-5; 1 Tim. 6
Scripture Union Daily Guide 26th October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.