Topic: The Key to Good Things in Life
Today’s Scripture: Psalm 84:8-12
8) O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah.
9) Behold our shield, O God, And look upon the face of Your anointed.
10) For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11) For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
12) O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!
In Touch Daily Devotional 5 November 2021 Dr. Charles Stanley
The title of today’s devotion sounds like a self-help book that promises fame, wealth, and prestige if you’ll follow 10 easy steps. But God defines life’s good things quite differently, and they’re achieved only by seeking Him. When we make the Lord our top priority, He gives truly good things, such as …
- Intimacy with Him. Those who earnestly seek God and walk uprightly learn to know and love Him deeply. He’s no longer a distant deity but a loving heavenly Father who cares for them.
- Satisfaction. The empty place in every heart can be filled only by the Lord. All earthly pursuits of pleasure or purpose fade in comparison to the fulfillment He gives.
Joy. When seeking the Lord is your highest priority, you will have His joy in every circumstance. Suffering and difficulties won’t feel as devastating because you’ll trust Him and see the situation from a biblical perspective.
Divine help. We’re invited to come boldly to God in prayer to receive grace and help in time of need (Heb. 4:16).
The things of the world are only temporary, but God’s benefits are eternal. Are you seeking heavenly treasure, or have worldly values sidetracked you?
Bible in One Year: John 12-13
In Touch Daily Devotional 5 November 2021 Message By Dr. Charles Stanley. He is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God