DCLM Daily Manna 17 May 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: When The Timing is Right!
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 14:1-15
1. So Abijah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David; and Asa his son reigned in his stead. In his days the land was quiet ten years.
2. And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God;
3. For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves;
4. And commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
5. Also he took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images; and the kingdom was quiet before him.
6. And he built fenced cities in Judah; for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest.
7. Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.
8. And Asa had an army of men that bare targets and spears, out of Judah three hundred thousand; and out of Benjamin, that bare shields and drew bows, two hundred and fourscore thousand; all these were mighty men of valour.
9. And there came out against them Zerah the Ethiopian with an host of a thousand thousand, and three hundred chariots; and came unto Mareshah.
10. Then Asa went out against him, and they set the battle in array in the valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.
11. And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power; help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.
12. So the LORD smote the Ethiopians before Asa, and before Judah; and the Ethiopians fled.
13. And Asa and the people that were with him pursued them unto Gerar; and the Ethiopians were overthrown, that they could not recover themselves; for they were destroyed before the LORD, and before his host; and they carried away very much spoil.
14. And they smote all the cities round about Gerar; for the fear of the LORD came upon them; and they spoiled all the cities; for there was exceeding much spoil in them.
15. They smote also the tents of cattle, and carried away sheep and camels in abundance, and returned to Jerusalem.
“Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.” – (2 Chronicles 14:7)
DCLM Daily Manna 17 May 2020 Devotional MESSAGE:
Knowing the right time to make important moves and execute important projects is very essential if we must achieve success. This principle is well understood almost in every field of human life. No matter how laudable an idea or project may be, if the timing is wrong, it is bound to fail.
King Asa understood this principle well and did not fail to use it. As he became king of Judah, he first led the people back to God. They did away with idol worship and made a covenant to serve the Lord. As a result, the Lord gave them peace and rest from their adversaries which resulted in national prosperity. King Asa saw this time as the most appropriate to build and fortify the cities. As they embarked on this project, the Lord prospered them.
Setting things aright in our personal, family and corporate lives is very important. Today, we often pray and wish that God would prosper us, help us build and fortify our nation, homes, churches, businesses and lives; but except we turn to Him fully and do away with modern-day idolatries in our lives, we cannot experience His move.
As believers, we must have our spiritual senses sharpened well enough to recognise when the Lord is on the move and key into it. Moments of great revivals are times we can take advantage of to experience great spiritual and other blessings in our lives. Times when God has given us peace, rest and prosperity are times we can seize to build up our spiritual lives, consolidate spiritual blessings and advance to win more souls to the Lord. Are you taking advantage of the present moment of grace to draw near to God and make peace with Him? Do not miss the time because there may not be any other like it!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
What time is it; what move are you making?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 17 May 2020 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.