DCLM Daily Manna 22 April 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Receive Cleansing
TEXT: Leviticus 14:10-20
10. And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.
11. And the priest that maketh him clean shall present the man that is to be made clean, and those things, before the LORD, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation;
12. And the priest shall take one he lamb, and offer him for a trespass offering, and the log of oil, and wave them for a wave offering before the LORD;
13. And he shall slay the lamb in the place where he shall kill the sin offering and the burnt offering, in the holy place; for as the sin offering is the priest’s, so is the trespass offering; it is most holy;
14. And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot;
15. And the priest shall take some of the log of oil, and pour it into the palm of his own left hand;
16. And the priest shall dip his right finger in the oil that is in his left hand, and shall sprinkle of the oil with his finger seven times before the LORD;
17. And of the rest of the oil that is in his hand shall the priest put upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot, upon the blood of the trespass offering;
18. And the remnant of the oil that is in the priest’s hand he shall pour upon the head of him that is to be cleansed; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD.
19. And the priest shall offer the sin offering, and make an atonement for him that is to be cleansed from his uncleanness; and afterward he shall kill the burnt offering;
20. And the priest shall offer the burnt offering and the meat offering upon the altar; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and he shall be clean.
“And the priest shall offer the sin offering, and make an atonement for him that is to be cleansed from his uncleanness; and afterward he shall kill the burnt offering.” – (Leviticus 14:19)
DCLM Daily Manna 22 April 2020 – Receive Cleansing
Leprosy is a contagious disease. It does not only affect the carrier to the extent of eating up the toes and fingers but it can also spread rapidly among people. That is why God instructed that all lepers must be put outside the camp so as not to spread the disease and defile His people.
In our text, God gave the priest the procedures for purification for anyone who has been healed of leprosy. The beneficiary was to bring certain items which included two he lambs without blemish, one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, three tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil and so on. The priest performed the rituals which included offering the animals for trespass and sin offerings for an atonement for him. After all that, the cleansed leper would be received back into the camp, to live as a normal citizen.
As evil and abhorrent as physical leprosy is, spiritual leprosy – sin – is even worse. But thanks be to God, our Lord Jesus Christ has the power to cure both. When He came across Zacchaeus, He healed him of his “leprosy” of sin (Luke 19:1-10). The woman that was caught in adultery who would have been stoned to death also received healing from her “leprosy” of adultery.
The fall of Adam brought sin, sickness and death upon mankind. But Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has brought hope and light to man. Today, there is no reason anyone should remain with any kind of leprosy – be it physical or spiritual. Jesus Christ saves from sin; He heals all manner of sicknesses and preserves His people from the hands of the evil one. He stands at the door and knocks; anyone that opens to Him, He will come in to save, heal and give him life – eternal life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Jesus is Lord over all infirmities.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: