Topic: Have You Asked?
TEXT: John 16:23-33
23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name; ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
25. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs; but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26. At that day ye shall ask in my name; and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you;
27. For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
28. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world; again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
29. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
30. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee; by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
31. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
32. Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” – (John 16:23)
DCLM Daily Manna 25th September 2021 MESSAGE:
A story is told of a woman who went to her neighbour to borrow some money. She desperately needed the money to settle some urgent needs. But when she got there, she got herself busy with a long conversation with the person from whom she went to borrow money. While she ate the food served, another woman who also came to borrow money from the same source declared her mission without wasting her time and got the exact amount she requested. As the first woman who was there to borrow money saw what transpired, she lamented “Ah! I also came to borrow some money.”She was told that she did not make her intention known earlier and there was no money left to lend her.
From the text, Jesus revealed to His disciples the things that would happen after His resurrection and the apostles’ baptism with the Holy Spirit. They would approach God the Father for answers to prayer on the authority of the name of Jesus. They simply need to ask and have faith that He would grant their requests. Answered prayer is based on the faith of the one who asks.
Although many people complain about not receiving answers to their prayers, the question is how do they pray? One thing is very clear: Jesus never lies; He says what He means and means what He says. The challenge is now on the believer to pray. If we pray, we will receive the answer. It is an assurance we must take advantage of as believers.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Ask and it shall be given unto you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 25th September 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.