Topic: Don’t Be Ashamed Of His Word
Read the previous devotional here DCLM Daily Manna 27th September 2021 – God’s Way Or Nothing
TEXT: Psalm 119:41-48
41. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
42. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me; for I trust in thy word.
43. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
44. So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
45. And I will walk at liberty; for I seek thy precepts.
46. I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
47. And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
48. My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
“I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.” – (Psalm 119:46)
DCLM Daily Manna 28th September 2021 MESSAGE:
The great American evangelist, D.L. Moody said, “I do not believe there is any false religion in the world that men are not proud of. The only religion, of which I have ever heard, that men were ashamed of, is the religion of Jesus Christ. If there were some backdoor by which men could slip into heaven, there would be a great many who would want to enter it; but they don’t like to make public confession”.
The psalmist delighted in God’s word so much that he wrote so long a psalm as Psalm 119, extolling the attributes, power and influence of the Word. In today’s text, he expresses hope of salvation through the agency of God’s word. He was not only committed to upholding the Word but vowed to testify of it even before kings.
Many Christians feel uncomfortable to identify with God’s word in their community, workplace or foreign environments due to lack of deep conviction, the thought of being considered odd, fear of being persecuted and fear of losing certain earthly opportunity or privileges.
Do you have true passion for God? How much do you love God and His word? Can you say like the psalmist, “I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed”? Do you have enough conviction and passion to testify about Christ before your colleagues, boss and other superiors or complete strangers? Or are you always ashamed of the gospel – the power of God unto salvation? Preaching the gospel is our occupation. We must rise from our comfort zone and head to the places where the sinners are.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Like an engine on neutral, the dormant Christian gains no momentum.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 28th September 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.