TOPIC: God Knows Your Secrets
TEXT: Ezekiel 11:1-13
1. Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD’S house, which looketh eastward; and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.
2. Then said he unto me, Son of man, these are the men that devise mischief, and give wicked counsel in this city;
3. Which say, It is not near; let us build houses; this city is the caldron, and we be the flesh.
4. Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, O son of man.
5. And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel; for I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them.
6. Ye have multiplied your slain in this city, and ye have filled the streets thereof with the slain.
7. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Your slain whom ye have laid in the midst of it, they are the flesh, and this city is the caldron; but I will bring you forth out of the midst of it.
8. Ye have feared the sword; and I will bring a sword upon you, saith the Lord GOD.
9. And I will bring you out of the midst thereof, and deliver you into the hands of strangers, and will execute judgments among you.
10. Ye shall fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
11. This city shall not be your caldron, neither shall ye be the flesh in the midst thereof; but I will judge you in the border of Israel;
12. And ye shall know that I am the LORD; for ye have not walked in my statutes, neither executed my judgments, but have done after the manners of the heathen that are round about you.
13. And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?
“And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them.” – (Ezekiel 11:5)
DCLM Daily Manna Devotional 13 October 2021 MESSAGE
Men are usually delusional in the way they assess themselves. They habitually ignore what matters most: their true rating in the sight of God. Some reassure themselves that He would not be bothered by their personal weaknesses – the things they consider to be small faults that even society may not necessarily frown at. They forget that before God, every offense, the big and the small, stands condemned.
The remnant of the children of Israel in Jerusalem were expected to learn from the experience of other Israelites that had gone into captivity. Instead, they grew worse in their disobedience to God. Their leaders secretly copied the practices of the heathen, until the Lord utterly abandoned them. The leaders became mischievous and by wicked counsel, misled the people.
They convinced the common people that the worse was over for them; that Jerusalem was secure and would not be invaded again by enemies. It was left for God to command Ezekiel to prophesy and inform them that He knew their thoughts. They were misguided in thinking that they would come to no harm whereas God had prepared fierce judgement against them. Many would be killed by enemies and others would be carried into exile.
It is foolhardy to assume that there is anything we can hide from God. He knows everything about us. That is why we must be concerned more about God’s opinion of us, rather than worrying about what people think of us.
No sin, no matter how minute and obscure, can be hidden from God. Even our thoughts are known to Him before they are hatched. The only way to escape His anger and judgment is to turn away from all sinful practices and receive grace that will enable us to live righteously.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s searching eyes capture every secret of our hearts.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna Devotional 13 October 2021 Deeper Life Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.