From His Heart 23 September 2022 Devotional Message for Friday By Pastor Jeff Schreve
From His Heart 23 September 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: When You Feel Like the Worst Sinner
SCRIPTURE: For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
From His Heart 23 September 2022 Devotional Message
Be honest… have you ever felt like the world’s worst sinner? Have you ever done something that made you feel so dirty and horrible and guilt-ridden? Have you ever felt like there is no way anyone, not even a kind and merciful God could forgive you? Well, you are not alone. I think most of us have felt like that at one time or another.
Years ago, I heard a young woman interviewed on Oprah. This woman had given herself over to terrible, horrible sexual sin. She had sold her body for money and suffered the consequences for it. I will never forget when she said, “I was in the shower, and I couldn’t wash off the filth anymore.” The guilt and shame reached a boiling point, and this poor young lady suffered a nervous breakdown due to the enormity of her sin.
- In Touch 23rd September 2022 Charles Stanley Devotions | Confronting Conflict
- Daily Bread Devotional Today 23 September 2022 | Cast Your Bread Upon the Waters
The good news is that no matter what you have done, God is good and ready to forgive you. He is not short on lovingkindness. The blood of Jesus can cleanse the absolute worst of sins and sinners.
BIG TIME SINNERS IN CORINTH
The church in Corinth was populated by people who had done some terrible things: fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, sexual perversion (one man was involved in an incestuous relationship), theft, drunkenness, greed, and abusiveness. Their sins were horrific and plentiful. Can you relate?
Now listen to what the Bible says about these terrible sinners in Corinth – “But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11).
If you have received Christ as Savior and Lord, let me tell you three things that are true of you:
1. You have been washed. The blood of Jesus has removed every blot from your sin-stained soul. You are no longer a dirty sinner; you are a dirt-free saint, made as pure and clean as the driven snow!
2. You have been sanctified. God has set you apart for His service. You are in the Lord’s army and have a wonderful assignment to shine for Jesus in a dark and dying world. Those saved from the worst of sins have the most powerful of testimonies. Such was the case with Paul. His testimony was this: “If God can save me, the chief of sinners, He can save you too!”
3. You have been justified. When God sees you, He does not see a condemned sinner. He sees one who is clothed in the righteousness of Jesus. You don’t have to walk around guilt-ridden, ashamed and condemned. You can walk tall and free because in the Lord’s sight you are justified… and it is just as if you’ve never sinned!
Listen, my friend, when you feel like the worst of sinners, revisit the truth of God’s Word. Thank the Lord for the cross and the blood that washes you white as snow. By all means, confess and repent of your sins so that all is right with the Lord… but never let the devil beat you to the ground with guilt, shame and the hellish lie that God cannot forgive you.
God is good and loving and READY to forgive, no matter what you have done. So trust Him!
Pastor Jeff Schreve,
From His Heart Ministries
From His Heart 23 September 2022 Devotional Dr. Jeff Schreve believes that no matter how badly you may have messed up in life, God still loves you and has a wonderful plan just for you. From His Heart provides real truth, love and hope on over 700 radio stations each day, in 182 countries each week on TV, and is always available online.
Pastor Jeff takes no income from this ministry. All donations go to furthering the broadcast outreach. As a listener/viewer supported ministry, we thank you for joining with us to help speak the truth in love to a lost and hurting world. Go to www.fromhisheart.org for more information. From His Heart 23 September 2022 Devotional