Love Worth Finding 28th July 2022 Daily Devotions | Thursday Daily Devotional by Adrian Rogers
TOPIC: Do You Have Hope for the Future?
SCRIPTURE: “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.” – Matthew 6:19-20
Love Worth Finding 28th July 2022 Daily Devotions MESSAGE
Let’s suppose you’re down in the Caribbean on a luxurious cruise ship and everything is beautiful. You say, “This is the best vacation of my life.” Then the captain says, “I have an announcement ladies and gentlemen. We’re going to continue the entertainment. The cooks are going to do an even better job than normal with the cuisine.
The crew is going to go all out to make you comfortable.” Then he says, “But there has been one change in plans. We’re not going to sail to any one port. Instead, we’re going to go out in the middle of the ocean and sail around in circles until we run out of food, fuel, and water. And when we do, we’re going to empty the ship and sink it.”
At that moment, no matter how much you’re enjoying the cruise, it doesn’t seem to be quite as good, does it? When you realize you’re going around in a meaningless circle, it doesn’t matter how beautiful the weather is. It is a hopeless, joyless matter. In the same way, the joy of this present life will not diminish the fact there is no hope for the future for those outside of Christ.
Love Worth Finding 28th July 2022. Read Also:
- Daily Prayer For Today 28 July 2022 Thursday Prayer
- John Hagee 28th July 2022 Daily Devotional || Proverbs 29:23
- Max Lucado Daily Devotional 28 July 2022 | Paul, a Hero
- From His Heart Devotional 28 July 2022 | Dealing With the Thief
- Girlfriends In God 28th July 2022 Daily Devotional For Women | Practice Makes Progress
- Encouragement For Today 28th July 2022 Daily Devotional | Did You Get Hit With Hard News Recently? Read This
We should seek to meet people’s temporal needs as we are able, but first and foremost, we must point them to Christ. Apart from Him, there is no hope.
- How are you tempted to focus on current comforts and pleasures over the future reality of life eternal with God?
- Who do you know who needs to hear about the hope of Christ today?
ACTION POINT: Take time to share with the person you identified about the hope of Jesus.
© 2022 Love Worth Finding Ministries (www.lwf.org). All rights reserved. Used by permission. This content may be copied and printed for personal, non-commercial use only.