MFM Daily Devotional 21 September 2020 – Are You Your Own Enemy?
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Psalm 35:1-28
MFM Daily Devotional 21 September 2020 Monday Message
There is an important question for you to answer today. Are you your own enemy? A lot of people are their own enemies. They inflict sufferings on their own lives by themselves. They also use their mouth curse themselves serious problem. Many people would not have had problems at all in their lives, if immediately they started to talk, somebody had bore their lips and then locked them up with a padlock. Day by day, many people harm themselves with their own mouths.
It reminds me of one man of God who had observed three days dry fast with aggressive prayers using Psalm 35 to ask God to combat and defeat his enemies. During the first two days of his dry fast, no word, vision or dream came from the Lord. He, nonetheless, continued in prayer. It was on the third day that a strange response from the Lord came to him. He felt a terrible whip on his back.
When the whipping persisted, he had to cry to God to deal with his enemies and not him. It was then that the Lord told him that he was his own enemy. He then revealed to the man that He would not have whipped him, if he had not persistently prayed that God should deal with his enemies.
Beloved, I hope you are not fighting against yourself. If you are, you better repent. The question we need to answer is that: If every verse of today’s devotional text can be fulfilled to the letter, what will happen if you discover that you are your own enemy? Beloved, you need to examine yourself and make amends, before it is too late.
Memory verse: Proverbs 5:22 “His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.”
Motivational Quote: If there were no enemy, nobody would have known that David had the spiritual strength and ability to deal with boastful Goliath.
Prophetic Word: Power that cannot be insulted, the Lord will give you, in Jesus name.
HYMN: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
1. My hope is built on nothing less,
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
3. His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the ‘whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
– Edward Mote
1. Every consultation with the powers of divination against my life, end in confusion, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every power of divination manipulating my destiny, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every evil oracle with my name, be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
1. Every altar of the serpent, erected against me, burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
2. I withdraw my name from every evil register and record file, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every linkage with the python spirit with my life, break to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every covenant formed on my behalf with serpent spirit by my ancestors/parents, break by the blood of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 21 – 23
MFM Daily Devotional 21 September 2020 (Mountain Top Life Devotional) was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide.