MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 15 April 2020 By Dr. D.K Olukoya
TOPIC: No Greater Power
Lev. 4:1-34; Rev. 12-11
Isaiah 40:29“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.”
Today, we shall examine the greatest power in you. There is no greater power in the whole universe. There is a power that supersedes every other power. That power, transforms simple things into powerful weapons. The awesomeness and mystery of the power in the Blood of Jesus, is not being preached in the church today. Many present day Christians do not know many things about victory in the battles of life.
Learning to claim the power in the Blood of Jesus, is very important. It is a prayer that brings deliverance and protection. There is a weapon that has never lost its power, but people have not learnt to use it; whereas, it is highly effective. Even the enemy is afraid, when you start to talk about it. That old serpent, the dragon, that the Bible talks about, saying: “Woe unto the earth and the sea …” There is a weapon that can overcome it. There is nothing that God created, that He cannot rearrange; there is no enemy that God cannot defeat.
A two-year old girl learnt this song and was always singing it: “There is power, there is power, there is power in the Blood of Jesus.” Her mother noticed that she never took ill. One day, the mother washed the girl’s clothes and hung them outside. There was a high wind, which blew her small panty to the compound next to theirs and it landed in the sitting room of a neighbour, who was a herbalist.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 15 April 2020 – No Greater Power
Immediately the pant landed, there was pandemonium in the room; everything turned upside down. Everything he knew how to do failed; nothing could avail for him. He did his consultation and he found out that there was a strange thing in the room. He tried to pick it, but he fell. He started to rain incantations, offered sacrifice, poured libation but he could not make a headway. He could not touch the pant, and everywhere was hot. Throughout that day, no customer came for consultation; he battled throughout the night.
The following day, the wind blew again and this time, the girl saw her toy flying towards the man’s sitting room. She followed it and then saw her pant. She went straight towards it and picked it, singing her song. “There is power in the Blood of Jesus.” The herbalist tried to stop her, thinking the ‘strange’ thing would harm her but she picked her pant casually, from the centre of oil and blood poured around it. The girl picked it and left, still singing. That incidence, converted the witchdoctor.
He surrendered his life to Christ, having seen that His Power is the absolute Power. He left his beggarly powers and came to the Lord. To overcome, you must stand on the blood of the lamb.
Most destinies are changed for the worst or of the best through good or bad contacts. May God help you to avoid bad contacts and embrace good contacts.
The hand of God shall be mighty upon you in the days ahead.
TODAY’S HYMN – Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord to Thee
1. Take my life and let it be,
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move,
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I with-hold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY
1. I bind every strongman from my father’s and mother’s sides attached to my marital life, in the name of Jesus.
2. I bind and paralyse every strongman of fear in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
3. I take authority over and order the binding of the strongman of financial failure.
1. I bind every strongman holding my privileges and rights captive, in Jesus’ name.
2. I bind, plunder and render to naught every strongman assigned to my . . . and marital life in Jesus’ name.
3. Let all multiple strongman operating against me be paralysed in Jesus’ name. I bind the strongman attached to the life of . . . (mention the name of the person), from keeping him from receiving Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour, in the name of Jesus.
4. I release myself from the hold of any evil strongman, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
1 Kings 12-14