TOPIC: God Is Coming To Your Home 3
MEMORISE: “For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.” – Deuteronomy 23:14
READ: Luke 22:8-14 (KJV)
8. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10. And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12. And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished; there make ready.
13. And they went, and found as he had said unto them; and they made ready the passover.
14. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
TODAY’S MESSAGE: Open Heaven 15th September 2020 Devotional
Several years ago, I promised to visit one of my Pastors. I had told him I would stay only a few minutes, pray and leave. Since he wanted me to stay a bit longer, he devised a means. He got a very good collection of hymns and started playing just before I arrived. I ended up staying for hours.
Do you know God will cut His visit to some homes short if the environment is not conducive? “…therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.” – Deuteronomy 23:14
My Father-in-the-Lord – Pa Josiah Akindayomi, once preached a message about this. He said we must keep our houses clean if we want God there. God detests dirt so much that if He finds any unclean thing in a camp, He leaves (Deuteronomy 23:14).
He asked: When last did you clean under your bed? If it is full of dust and dirt, God cannot stay. Those who work with me know that, if you claimed to have cleaned a room and I find dust at the top of the door, you may have to repeat the cleaning because I want anywhere I am to be conducive for God to stay.
Pa Akindayomi also taught us that God cannot stay where ungodly music is played. This is because music carries a spirit with it. If you play godly music, the spirit of God will stay, but if you play worldly music, demons are invited to stay. What kind of music do you play in your home? This can determine if God will stay in your home or not.
Finally, God is love. He cannot stay where strife and bitterness persist. If you are always fighting and insulting your spouse, you are sending God away. Instead, pray together, raise an altar of praise in your home. Once there is an altar where you and your family meet to pray and praise God, you can be sure He will dwell with you for as long as you want Him to.
Jesus loves you and He wants to stay in your home; make it conducive for Him today.
PRAYER POINT: Using the lessons learnt today, make sure everything is in place for your home to be conducive for God to stay in when He comes.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 7-9
HYMNAL: Hymn 5 – Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
CHORUS: O deeper yet I pray,
And higher ev’ry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho’ it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher ev’ry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Open Heaven 15 September 2020 Devotional Message was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.