TOPIC: Defeat Your Fears
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – (2 Timothy 1:7)
READ: Genesis 15:1- 6 (KJV)
1. After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram; I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
2. And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
3. And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed; and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
4. And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5. And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them; and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6. And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Open Heaven 22 September 2020 Devotional MESSAGE:
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” – (2 Corinthians 10:5)
Fear is a product of thoughts and imaginations the devil whispers to us. To defeat fear, you must cast down all such imaginations.
Anything that does not align with God’s word should not be allowed into your heart. For example, when the devil whispers You will soon die, cast down that thought by saying “I shall not die but live to declare the glory of the Lord” (Psalm 118:17). If he says you will fail, cast it down by saying “The Lord will make me the head and not the tail. I shall be above only and not beneath…” (Deuteronomy 28:13). Don’t let the devil tell you what God has not said about you; always use the Scripture as a weapon. That is what Jesus did (Matthew 4:1-11).
Ephesians 6 says the enemy will throw fiery darts (arrows of fire) at us, but the shield of faith will protect us and ensure they don’t touch us.
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” – Ephesians 6:16
The devil sends fiery arrows in the form of fear to pierce and weaken us. Once fear is allowed into the believer’s life, he/she becomes weak and unable to fight. This is why every believer needs the shield of faith to ward off the enemies and their attacks. Remember, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
Usually, when people in distress go to God, the first thing He says is Fear not. This is because He knows that once fear is gone, the battle is as good as won.
I say to you today: It does not matter what the devil has told you; fear not, you will win this battle in the mighty name of Jesus.
As Jesus did in Matthew 4:1-11, always reply the devil with the word of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hymn 10 – I am a victor
1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror,
Much stronger than all my foes.
Jesus loves me and I love Him,
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word.
2. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than sickness, disease
By His stripes I am superior
Far above infirmities.
3. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than demons I am,
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am.
4. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for,
I have life abundantly.
5. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled.
6. Yes, I know I am a victor,
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed.
7. Yes, I know I am a victor,
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer.
8. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home.
9. Jesus loves me and I love Him,
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah.
10. Jesus loves me Halleluyah,
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high.
Open Heaven 22 September 2020 Devotional Message was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.