Open Heaven Daily Devotional Monday 13 June 2022 By Pastor E.A Adeboye
TOPIC: When You Say ‘Thank You Lord’
2 Chronicles 1:6-12
6. And Solomon went up thither to the brazen altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
7. In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
8. And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast showed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
9. Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10. Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
11. And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12. Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honor, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
2 Chronicles 1:7
Open Heaven Daily Devotional Monday 13 June 2022 MESSAGE:
There is something very interesting that I discovered about God and that is His attitude when someone tells Him, Thank You. When someone says thank you to God, He replies by also saying, Thank you. For example, in 2 Chronicles 1:6-7 , Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings to God to say, Thank You Lord, for making me the king.
In return, God visited him at night and said, Ask for whatever you want and I will give it to you.In Genesis 8:20-22 , Noah offered a sacrifice to God in appreciation for sparing his life and those of his family members. God responded by making a promise to never destroy the earth with water again and that seed time and harvest would never cease.
God always ensures that He is the last to say, Thank you. The bigger the thank you you say to Him, the bigger His response of thank you will be. This tells us that Thank You, Lord is the best prayer point you can ever pray. Just saying, Thank You, Lord made Solomon the wisest and richest man that ever lived.
If you can just learn to say thank you for all that God has done for you in the past, then you will get more in the future. Wise people go one step further: they thank God for what He is yet to do. You can be sure that His response will be very big.Now, God cannot be deceived.
He knows the difference between heartfelt thanks and insincere appreciation. There are certain things that follow real, heartfelt thanksgiving. For example, someone who is really thankful will sing praises to God (Psalms 7:17 ). The fellow who is thankful will tell everyone about how good God is (Psalms 9:1 ).
If you meet a doctor who treats and heals you of a very stubborn ailment, wouldnt you tell everyone you know with that ailment about your doctor? That shows that you really appreciate what He has done for you. If you dont witness, you are ungrateful to God for saving your soul from hell.
The one who is truly thankful will not say thank you with empty hands; he or she will come with something to express that appreciation. Psalms 107:22 talks about the sacrifice of thanksgiving. When you are really grateful to God, you will always be on the lookout for something you can give to or do for Him. Are you really thankful?
When you say, Thank You to God, He responds with a bigger, Thank you.
Bible in One Year
Psalms 34:1-22 , Psalms 35:1-28
Open Heaven Daily Devotional Monday 13 June 2022 Message. Open Heaven Daily Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.