Scripture Union Daily Guide 9 June 2022 | SU Daily Guide for Thursday
Build up your faith in God and grow spiritually as you read Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 9 June 2022
Topic: Will You Go With This Man?
Opening Prayer: Plant my steps in the sure promises of your word today, dear Lord.
Scripture: Genesis 24:54b‐67
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 9 June 2022 MESSAGE
Having completed his assignment, the servant was eager to return to his master since God had prospered his journey (vs.54‐56). It was clear to all that it was God’s leading. Why did they still consult Rebekah (vs.57‐58)? In some African cultures, families do not seek the consent or even the inputs of young people in engaging them as life partners, especially ladies.
No wonder many couples feel trapped in unhappy marriages, contracted on grounds of wealth or other conveniences (social, political, religious and tribal preferences, or reward for favours, etc). No wonder several homes are breaking, despite elaborate wedding rituals. The “nurse” in v.59 may have been an older lady who took care of her while growing up, and was committed to her welfare, and would treat her like her own offspring, often till death.
The blessings of v.60 were very prophetic, though slow in fulfilment. Observe that Isaac too was in meditation while expecting his bride (v.63). Rebekah’s act (v.64‐65) would show her to be modest and submissive. What a fitting end to a marvellous trip!
And so: What would you do to ensure that young people in your culture are not forced into marriage against their wish?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU
1. Be not dismayed whate’er betide, God will take care of you; Beneath His wings of love abide, God will take care of you. God will take care of you, Through every day, o’er all the way; He will take care of you, God will take care of you.
2. Through days of toil when heart doth fail, God will take care of you; When dangers fierce your path assail, God will take care of you.
3. All you may need He will provide, God will take care of you; Nothing you ask will be denied, God will take care of you.
4. No matter what may be the test, God will take care of you; Lean, weary one, upon His breast, God will take care of you.
• Dear Lord, help me to do things the right way and to acknowledge you in all my ways.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with 1 Samuel 26:25
One Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Chronicles 24‐27; Mark 8.
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN
KNOWN BY GOD
But if any one loves God, he is known by Him… 1Corinthians 8:3
THANK GOD FOR:
› The personal relationship we have with Him in holiness.
› The grace of God that enables us have access to God and learn of Him daily.
› Fellowshipping, learning and applying the word of God daily to ensure continuity in the friendship with God.
› Grace to abstain from wickedness and all that will not please our God.
› Deliberate decision by all SU members to continue to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice.
∷ Turning back to the weak and worthless things of the world, thereby becoming enslaved to them again.
∷ Loosing our consecration because of the morsel of bread the world offers.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 9 June 2022. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God. Scripture Union Daily Guide 9 June 2022.