UCB Word Today 21 July 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional Message (United Christian Broadcasters)
Read UCB Word Today 21 July 2022 Devotional for Thursday
TOPIC: Science Recognises the Power of Prayer (1)
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: ‘Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your…requests to God.’ Philippians 4:6 CEV
UCB Word Today 21 July 2022 Daily Devotional MESSAGE
God’s Word clearly tells us to ‘pray about everything’. Today, science is beginning to recognise the value and the power of prayer. Researchers investigating the role of faith in health are discovering evidence that’s hard to refute. For example, a 2014 study conducted by The Mind Health Report confirmed that people who engage in private prayer, intercessory prayer, and church activities are healthier and live longer. Here are some additional benefits:
1) Florida State University researchers found that praying for somebody increases your readiness to forgive them. When a group of men and women prayed for the well-being of a close friend every day for four weeks, they were more willing to forgive not only the friend but people in general. Forgiveness is associated with better overall health and satisfaction with life.
- Prophetic Declarations Today 21st July 2022
- Streams Of Joy 21 July 2022 Daily Devotional – Not An Entertainer
- Our Daily Bread 21 July 2022 Devotional || God Sees You
- Bible Verse Of The Day 21 July 2022 – James 1:19-20
- Daily Bible Verse Today 21 July 2022 | 2 Timothy 3:1
- Daily Prayers For Today 21 July 2022 (Morning & Evening Prayers)
- Bible Verse And Prayer 21 July 2022 || Thursday
- Daily Devotional Today 21 July 2022: Inspirational Message and Prayer
2) University of Miami researchers discovered that prayer and religious practices improve your ability to pursue and achieve long-term goals. Prayer affects regions in your brain that improve self-control, and people who view their goals as sacred are more determined to attain them.
3) A research study conducted by the University of Wisconsin-Madison concluded that victims of abusive relationships recovered a positive self-image and reduced their emotional pain when their lives included prayer.
4) Columbia University researchers found that people who value religion and regularly attend church are 90 per cent less likely to suffer from depression than their non-religious peers.
That’s pretty strong evidence in favour of prayer, wouldn’t you say?
UCB Word Today 21 July 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way. UCB Word Today 21 July 2022